The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee or the Agahozo Shalom Youth Village.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mucaka and PICTURES!

     This Saturday I woke up at 5:20 AM and got ready to run Mucaka. This week we were set to run to Rubona. Still tired and not looking forward to running the mile to Rubona, my body wasn't being very friendly to me. One minute outside of the gate, I fell. But it's no paved road, so as soon as I fell I ripped one knee of my leggings. Shaken up and scratched, my girl, Gemima helped me up and I continued running. As we were running, I told her how rocky the path is and how I don't pick up my feet when I walk/run so I'm prone to falling. I got back into the zone and continue onward. After a few minutes, we had to turn around since it was about to rain. As I started running uphill back to the Village, I fell again. This time I was with Gemima and Olive, both sweet girls who helped me up and continued to run next to me, making sure that I was okay. Unlike the first fall, this time I ripped my second knee and got badly cut up. A bad start to the day, but at least I had my girls by my side to comfort me.
     I finally was able to get pictures so here they are:
My family on Barrett's birthday. 
The view of Lake Mugasera from the Community Center. A 5 hour adventure! 
Maize outside a house in Rubona, on the way to the Lake.
A cow that I spotted on my way to Lake Mugasera. 
Me at Lake Mugasera.
A Rwandan woman leaving her laundry out to dry in Rubona.
Barrett and I in the Dining Hall. 
Homemade challah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment